Monday, March 14, 2011

A Message to my Readers

I began this year with high hopes in my development as an (amateur) baker. I knew that if I could keep myself on a rigorous schedule in my baking experiments, then I could, by the end of the year, claim that I had done something extraordinary: I could be proud of my tenacity in this project, and could possibly become more dedicated to various projects throughout the course of my life.

I need to admit to myself, and you as my readers, that this challenge that I have posed for myself has become very difficult for me. I am almost to the point where I now find baking a chore rather than a sweet hobby...and this I fear more than anything else.

Please know that I am not quitting. I'm not even really taking a sabbatical or hiatus from this project. I am just at a point in my life right now where I cannot remain on such a rigorous schedule without having detrimental effects on my mental and physical well-being.

So what does this mean? I will most likely not be baking and posting on a regular schedule as I had originally intended. I need to give myself freedom to create at my own will, or else I will burn out; I am afraid that if that happens, I will never enjoy baking again, and thus never partake in such a glorious art form.

I beg of your patience and appreciate your well-wishes at this time, as I try to sort out things in my life so that I might clear the chaos from my daily life. Once this happens, I will be ready and rearing to go in full force again.

I still have a post pending for Week 10's cookie, so you can look forward to that in the near future. Week 11 will have to wait, though.

Thank you for what you have done for me, faithful readers. You have helped me believe in myself when I felt as though nothing was going right, and your encouragement through my blog, email, facebook, and in person has meant the world to me. I hope to be back soon.

Yours Truly,

N

PS: maybe this would be a good time to try some of the recipes for yourself? And as always...Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment